Full Members who are having problems logging into the messaging service or who cannot post/receive messages should visit our Messaging FAQs.
- What is DepList?
- How does one join DepList?
- How do I invite people to join?
- What's the address for sending messages?
- How do I change my email address (or add another one) for DepList?
- What should the messaging service be used for?
- What should it not be used for?
- How do I post messages to DepList members?
- Is there a vetting system for new members?
- I filled in a form to be listed on this website; why has my name disappeared?
- Can I download a list of members?
- How do I access DepList's archives on the web?
- How do I make a complaint?
- Do you ever remove people from DepList?
- How do I renew my subscription?
- How quickly will my application be processed?
- How do I list or update my details on this site?
- Why do you charge for DepList?
- Is DepList limited to the London area?
1. WHAT IS DEPLIST?
- DepList is a resource for professional singers, organists, choral directors and those who wish to use their services. It has about twice as many subscribers as are listed on this site. This is because many subscribers do not wish to have their details publicly listed on the Internet.
- Subscription to DepList is by personal recommendation and subject to approval by the list owners. Subscribers can send a single message to the list's address, and the message is automatically and instantly emailed to all the subscribers on the list.
- Subscribers can also log in to the message server's website and view all current and past messages, as well as send out messages from there.
- Subscription fees for Full Membership are currently £10 per year. This includes unlimited use of the messaging service and an optional entry on our Members' profile pages (see next paragraph).
- A special category of membership (Associateship) exists for those who are not necessarily practising or professional musicians but who want to be able to take advantage of our messaging service to advertise employment opportunities. Anyone can apply for Associate membership (subscription fee, £10 per year). Associates can send messages to the list's members, but they cannot receive messages or view the archived messages.
2. HOW DOES ONE JOIN DEPLIST?
- To join DepList as a Full Member, you must ask an existing member to act as your sponsor by filling in an application form on your behalf. This person, who must not be a family member or a partner, will be asked to give your name, your email address and a reference testifying to your suitability for membership [more info]. Membership of the list is subject to approval by the list owners, and applicants will be asked to provide a CV. Borderline applications will require one or more further references. Subscribers who fail to supply the requested information, or who are considered by the List Owners not to fulfil the required criteria for membership, will not be admitted to the list. Once a new member has been accepted on to the list by the list owner, he or she will be asked to pay a yearly subscription fee. Non-payment of this fee will result in removal of the subscriber from the list.
- To join DepList as an Associate Member, you do not need to go through any formal admission procedures. After you have placed a free trial advert with us, you can simply visit our Payments page at any time and take out a subscription, valid for one calendar year.
To apply to become a Full Member DepList you must ask an existing member to sign you up via a sponsorship form in the Members' Area.