3. HOW DO I INVITE PEOPLE TO JOIN?
By going to our Members' Area and filling in a sponsorship form (no login is required). It is important to ensure that you invite only professionals who are suitably qualified and experienced. [Back to FAQs]
4. WHAT'S THE ADDRESS FOR SENDING MESSAGES?
The email address for sending messages to DepList is sent out to all Members every month in our FAQs messages. It's also given on our Group's home page. [Back to FAQs]
5. HOW DO I CHANGE MY E-MAIL ADDRESS (OR ADD ANOTHER ONE) FOR THE MESSAGING SERVICE?
By going to our Members' Area and filling in our change of address form (no login is required). [Back to FAQs]
6. WHAT SHOULD THE MESSAGING SERVICE BE USED FOR?
- To seek deputies (particularly for church services).
- To seek singers and organists for paid engagements (at rates no less than those recommended by the MU, ISM or Equity).
- To advertise job vacancies, either one-off or long-term, for singers, organists or choral directors.
- To give notices of upcoming auditions.
- All other types of messages should be referred to us or posted on our Forum in the Members' Area. [Back to FAQs]
7. WHAT SHOULD THE MESSAGING SERVICE NOT BE USED FOR?
- To recruit singers for non-paid work or at unacceptably low fees.
- To advertise concerts, products or services. (Instead, please use the facilities provided in the Members' Area.)
- To seek work by posting messages advertising your own availability.
- To respond to job ads seeking a different category of musician from your approved DepList membership status. For example, if you joined DepList as a singer but you also have organist skills, you should not respond to organist job ads unless you have supplied separate references that relate to your abilities as an organist.
- To post messages on behalf of non-members as a way of letting them use our facilities without paying charges or subscription fees. Please encourage non-members to use our advertising service or to join DepList as Full or Associate Members.
- To forward job ads to non-members without the consent of the author of the message.
- Discussion and other non-relevant postings. (Please use the Forum in the Members' Area for this.) [Back to FAQs]
8. HOW DO I POST MESSAGES TO DEPLIST?
To send an email message to DepList's membership, you must be a Full Member and must use an address that you have subscribed with our Group. If you are an Associate Member or a Non-member you should use the on-line forms accessed from our Advertisers' page. To secure the right person for the job, please be as specific as possible when detailing your requirements. This will help to filter out applications from people with the wrong type of experience. See our Terms and Conditions for more information. [Back to FAQs]
9. IS THERE A VETTING SYSTEM FOR NEW MEMBERS?
New Full Members can only join DepList by personal recommendation. At least one of those recommendations must come from an existing Full Member. They may be asked to supply additional references and will be required to submit a CV. In addition, we may consider such factors as an applicant's reputation and informal feedback as to their overall suitability for DepList. A professional attitude can count for as much as musical qualifications. Awareness of one's own standard and ability is very important, and we must trust our members to know which jobs to accept and which jobs to leave to others. We err on the side of caution and will not admit people if we consider that their experience is insufficient, or their admission may be seen as controversial, or if it carries the least risk of future complaint by potential bookers. The final decision on admission rests with the DepList Owners, and we do not consider ourselves bound to state the reasons for our decision. [Back to FAQs]